Monday, August 11, 2014

Serafina's Saga


(Free)

Serafina has grown up in the jungle, never traveling to visit towns or cities. However, when her father is taken from her, she sets out on a rescue mission to the capital city. What follows is adventure, romance and the truth about Serafina's heritage.

(Okay, I'll admit, that summary of mine is rubbish. However, this game is way too awesome for me to do any justice to it in a mere spoiler-free paragraph.)

Honestly, everything about this game was so awesome. (Rather, is so awesome, it's just been awhile since I played it and now, writing this review, I want to replay it.)  The bulk of the story is based around Serafina and her travel to the city and the events that transpire after she arrives. As well as her investigating her and her father's past. I want to clear that up right now because, while there is romance in the game, it takes something of a backseat (though it was certainly there and rather...appealing at times) to the character of Serafina. Which is something a really liked.

And although I didn't think I'd like that art style, once I was fully immersed in the story, it would have felt odd to have any other art style. The secondary characters were all interesting. I won't say I actually liked many of them upon first meeting - as most of them I didn't - but once you actually got to know them a little better...Well, even if they weren't likable, they were at least sympathetic or interesting.

The story was one more of discovery and friendship/filial love than romantic love. The characters were all developed before romance started coming into effect - even if there was some early attraction amongst the characters as early as their first meeting. The romances themselves all had a different feel - as benefits romance with vastly different people. I certainly had favorite characters (and Serafina was one of my favorites) but of the guys, Rueben stole my heart rather early on. I also, could tell you the order of my favorites with the other characters - that's how amazing these characters were - but I shall spare you that.

This is one game that I recommend very highly.

Official Site

Check the date. In August of 2014, the creator is supposed to release her second VN - Quantum of Conscience!

No comments:

Post a Comment