Monday, September 8, 2014

Starry Sky - In Spring


(Japanese with Fan English Translation Patch)

They've been best friends for years. Just the three of them. They even study astronomy at the same school together. But, when and old friend from her past shows up, proclaiming his love for her, friendships change in ways they never expected. Perhaps even growing into romance.

This is the first ever Japanese original game I've played. I found the fan translated patch and considering how desperately I had been wanting to play this game... Well. First I must say: buy the game. If it's at all possible for you to, please, please, please buy the game. Not only will you have your hardcopy available all the time, but you will also be supporting the otome game industry. I think the game's about $35 at amazon, but it is totally worth it.

If you couldn't guess by that last paragraph, I love this game. Pretty much everything about it is just awesome. The characters are all likable and the art is so pretty. This is a voices game and thankfully none of the voices are annoying (unlike some games I've played). I don't know much Japanese, but I think the translators did an amazing job.

My favorite thing about this game is how, even while you're romancing one guy, the other two still are there. They're still friends and, usually, being general pains in the butt. I love that aspect of the game. It really left me feeling that these were four friends that were so close and... Honestly, is it bad that the friendship aspect of the game overrode the romance for me?

It really did though, as much as I like each of the guys, I loved them even more when they're interacting with each other. I also thought the girl, before she started getting bogged down by romantic feelings, fit in with them perfectly.

No links this time, as I'm sure any search will reveal the English Patch and how-to instructions. And I refuse to enable piracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment