Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Princess Battles

$20 - Free Demo

Lillian is a somewhat indifferent princess. It's not that she dislikes her people. She's just a typical teenager. She's rather have fun with her friends and sleep in that study. However, when it comes to her attention that her parents are thinking of making a common-born young woman heir to the throne, Lillian must enlist the help of her palace staff, tutor and cousin to prove to her parents that she is worthy of the throne.

Honestly, I was all set to pass this game by when I read 'card battles'. Immediately I think of Magic: the Gathering. Then World of Warcraft and Yu-Gi-Oh entered my mind. I tried the demo and was enchanted.

The card game part was fun and quite unique however... After finishing the game, playing through it several times to get all the endings... I thought it was rather short and lacked true characterization. Not to say I didn't enjoy the game. Believe me, I did. And it's great that they have a 'free play' mode where you can play the card game.

I would wager that, unless you're much better than I am, you won't be able to get many - if any -  of the guys without a walkthrough. On my first play through I wound up very alone - even though I was going after one of the guys. Also, if you want one of the three guys that don't play a large part in the story, you'll have to time the moments when you go to each location properly, otherwise he'll leave and you'll never see him again. This use of a walkthrough did reduce my enjoyment of the game. I like figuring things out on my own but this was just impossible.

So, really, the card battles were the highlight of a slightly shallow game. I didn't hate it, by no means. It just felt as though twenty bucks was rather steep for the actual game play.

My favorite characters were Edmond and Aurilia.
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment