Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Always Remember Me

$20 - Free Demo - From Winter Wolves

Amy is desperate. A car accident has caused her boyfriend Aaron to get amnesia. Can she help him regain his memory, or will she fall in love with someone else?

I don't remember if this was my first Winter Wolves game or not, but it is one that I adore. I originally had little interest in it, but had some free time so I decided to download the demo. I was immediately hooked.

While it is a stat raising game, it doesn't feel repetitious the way so many of them do. There's different things you can do at different times and on different days. Also, you don't just choose one activity for the day. You work each weekday, with the option of picking up some overtime on the weekends. That extra cash comes in handy for some of the various products and classes you can buy - things that will help raise certain stats.

To be honest, as much as I enjoy the gameplay itself, the real reason I just had to purchases this game was because upon first meeting one of the guys, I could have pointed at the screen and said "Him. I want to date him."

Which brings me to the characters. First, Amy, our heroine. I really liked her - and not just because we share the same name. Amy was a really down-to-earth girl, her personality barely changing depending on the path you're playing. There was one, maybe two instances when she really broke out of her shell with a couple of the guys - but her calm, reasonable and mature personality was one of the major factors in how much I enjoyed this game.

Each of the four dateable guys had diverse personalities. And the events that happen during their path is very specific to that character. I assure you, none of these guys act alike. Which gives you the opportunity to really connect with one or two, but there will probably be at least one that you feel absolutely nothing for. My personal favorite was Lawrence, followed in a distant second by Eddy. Hugh was okay, but my least favorite was Aaron.

I loved replaying the game to get all the endings, which made it totally worth the money I spent on it.

Official Website

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment