Friday, November 22, 2013

RE: Alistair ++

Free - From sakevisual

Merui loves playing Rivenwell Online. However, when the prize for a big boss battle is stolen out from under her nose, she makes it her mission to discover who this thief named Alistair is. Alistair agrees that, if Merui can figure out who he is within one month, he will return the prize to her. By a fluke of fate, she realizes he goes to the same high school as her...

In case you started to think all I did was post reviews of games I didn't like (such as the last couple or three) I thought I would post a review of one of my favorites.

First, any game that has a gamer girl as the MC - one that likes her MMORPG's no less - automatically catches my attention. Honestly, I felt that everything about this game was very well done. The graphics are great. I had never heard of sakevisual before this, but I am certainly interested in their other products now. The CG and sprites are high quality for any game, much less a free one.

Really though, no matter how wonderful the graphics were, what made this game for me was the characters themselves. Merui was a very outspoken girl - which was nice considering how meek so many of the main girls from the games I've been playing lately seem to be. Merui isn't the sort of girl to stay quiet about something and this attitude is really what sets the game in motion.

The guys were a mix of character types and I actually liked them all as characters quite a lot. Personally though, as for the romance... My favorite was Derek, followed by Travis. My least favorite would have been (obviously) Shiro. I didn't hate him, I just seldom go for those type of guys.

I will mention that you will probably need to use a walkthrough to get the best ending for the guys. Not because of the choices you get to make - most of those seemed fairly obvious - but because there are certain things you need to buy and a certain stat you need for the guys.

Official Website

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment